that's what I figured. The key for you is to introduce enough slop in the
loadAtomDataTolerance parameter to get the job done. Since you don't have
the issue of disordered crystals, you can be quite generous there -- 0.5
Angstroms easily. In other situations people will need to have a much
tighter tolerance. So I set the default to be on the low side -- and the
system will notify you with a warning if no atoms matched the position (a
potential problem) or a debugging message (not a problem) if more than one
did.

Since I was working on this code anyway, and it seemed like such a neat
solution, I also added the ability to add other parameters as well this way
--- occupation, partialcharge, temperature, and even atom position "xyz".
There are going to be some very good applications of this. Since you already
are making .XYZ files for your vibrations, this should be just about all you
need.

I'm quite excited to see this avenue of Jmol use developing. Do show us some
cool web pages with jiggling crystals some time.

Bob

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900