I made a change in the most recent development version of Jmol, but before
we consider it for Jmol 12.0, I'd like input:

Problem: JmolApplet.jar and JmolAppletSigned.jar are getting VERY large (2
Mb)
Problem: approximately 30% of the size of the applet is translations.

Comment: It seems unnecessary to deliver to the user all translations for
all languages whenever the "full applet" is loaded. Also, we really want to
discourage use of the full applet files, since they will unnecessarily slow
down applet loading.

Solution: Include translations only in the fast-loading versions of Jmol --
JmolApplet0.jar and JmolAppletSigned0.jar -- and make it clearer that these
are the preferred files by moving the those two entries at
http://wiki.jmol.org/index.php/Files_Description down to the bottom.

Comments?

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900