Glad that helped.  Making it easily accessible to students means doing most of
the work for them.  In the case of Jmol that means setting up buttons or
checkboxes or whatever user interface then scripting what you want the students
to see.  In the case of viewing the MOs or some other surface you could create
a button which the students would click to show the surface.  Would be easy
enough to include in that script a command to return to model 1 so the MOs
would be available to view.

Those surfaces in Spartan are basically the electron density surface colored
according to other properties.  Jmol will certainly allow you to visualize the
electron density surface.  My understanding is that you can also color it by
whatever property you want.  There would be some serious scripting involved in
doing this.  Without knowing exactly what is in the smol file, I would imagine
the data for those properties are there somewhere.  you would have to grab that
data somehow then instruct Jmol to use it as the basis for coloring the
surface.  I'm no expert on this, but perhaps someone else can help with the
details of this.

Jeff Hansen
DePauw University
602 S. College Ave.