On 16 Jul 2010 at 9:25, Andreas Prlic wrote:
> That seems very useful! Would it be possible to mail me such a PDF, so I can
> see how it gets
> displayed ?

Haven't got it here now, but will post it next Monday. (Cannot install the
latex software in my
too crowded laptop at home, needs 300 MB hard disk)
In the former messages in the "idtf output..." thread there was a link to one,
by Arie. There
are some others in the web. I will add links to the Wiki on Monday.

On 16 Jul 2010 at 19:42, avder...@univ-montp2.fr wrote:

> Concerning the wiki, I would like to see some of the caveats when
> doing so

Yes, that was a quick documentation task in the wiki collating a few of the
posts (and a guide
for myself to try and do it).

> - see one of my earlier mails, notably on the computer power
> needed for big objects, and also what you can do to render it more
> fastly.

Well, everytime we have discussed this VRML / X3D / IDTF / U3D / PDF business,
I get
rather excited about the possibility --and involved--, but it the end I think
this is not at all
comparable to what you get by just setting a webpage with JmolApplet -- much
faster,
smoother and smaller.

It's just a way to reach a separate community. Nothing like the real stuff!!

I'm also eager to have a way to easily and cheaply (that is, zero cost in
software) produce a
model embedded in a pdf that has text content too, not just the model.

Arie, I will happily add your comments to the wiki if/when I can, but you are
welcome to do it
yourself. The wiki is supposedly a community task.