I'm posting this note because I posted the problem a while back, and the
resolution (reminder really) may be of interest to other users.
The problem was that I could not get Safari to respond to a message
callback of the following type:
function processMessage(appNum, messageString, indexNum){
do stuff using messageString
}
The problem is that Safari cannot deal with the string (messageString)
returned by Java in Jmol. I knew about this issue from years ago, but I
guess I forgot because every other browser we tested could handle
messageString directly. The solution is old and simple:
messageString = "" + messageString + ""
The two empty strings are probably overkill, but I was in that kind of mood.
Otis
--
Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by Sprint
What will you do first with EVO, the first 4G phone?
Visit sprint.com/first -- http://p.sf.net/sfu/sprint-com-first
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users