Bob,

I'm trying to set a MEP data range for carbocations. I don't understand
an aspect of the Jmol message record. Forgive the tilde's below. They
are to eliminate line breaks in my JavaScript Jmol  message trap:

isosurface color range .3 .5 colorscheme 'high' resolution  @res vdw 80%
map mep opaque;~isosurface1 created with cutoff=0.0; number of
isosurfaces = 1
isosurface full data range 0.41223556 to 0.6573585 with color scheme
spanning 0.3 to 0.5~delay 2;~echo;~~Script completed~script 18
started~set picking off;~set picking on;~set bondpicking
false;~bondPicking = false~axes off;~hover off;~echo;~~

The data range 0.41223556 to 0.6573585 seems to vary with the partial
charges, but seems unrelated to the actual partial charges. The result
below is for "range all" on the allyl cation and benzyl cation,
respectively. In the snippet above, I was just trying out values other
than "range all."

  full data range 0.41223556 to 0.6573585 with color scheme spanning
0.41223556 to 0.6573585

data range 0.28645405 to 0.5315478 with color scheme spanning 0.28645405
to 0.5315478

All of this is part of my attempt to make Spartan charge numbers work
well with Accelrys charge numbers. Can you give me any information on
the origin of these numbers - calculated from my charges???

Otis

PS
Thanks for the feedback on the array question.

--
Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com