All,

I apologize for packing two questions in one chain, but now that it's
done, I don't want to break chain.

As an organic chemist, I got dragged into this coordination compound
issue kicking and screaming - "So it goes." Here's a blog that uses
ferrocene in PubChem as an example of the problem:

http://depth-first.com/articles/2006/12/12/the-problem-with-ferrocene/

I'd still value any opinions on how this should be handled in the Jmol
sandbox. The thing that suddenly makes establishing some standard an
issue is the recent inclusion of SMILES and model editing into the power
tool kit of Jmol.

Otis

Otis Rothenberger
chemagic.com