Otis,

Sure enough -- I forgot about (all trans)-XA2B2C2 and trans-XA2B4. You would
think you wouldn't need @ or @@ for cases like that, but you do. Even though
@ and @@ are the same! Because they still represent specific stereoisomers,
and that is the only way with SMILES that you can specify the ordering of
the bonds around the central atom. As far as I can tell, the only cases you
do NOT need @ for are XA6, XA5B, and XA5. Even though it is not necessary
for XA5B, it's too much of a trouble to figure out that is what it is, so
I'm just letting Jmol indicate @ for XA5B as well. At least for now.

Wow, this is really going to be something when the bugs are worked out! I'll
bet you anything this has never been done before.

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-12/Jmol-12.jar

should take care of that. Please check. Uploading now...

After being up all day, I'm back to bed!

Bob

1520 St. Olaf Ave.
Northfield, MN 55057
http://www.stolaf.edu/people/hansonr
phone: 507-786-3107

-- Josiah Willard Gibbs, Lecture XXX, Monday, February 5, 1900