From: "Yves NOEL" <yves.n...@upmc.fr>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2011 12:10 PM
To: jmol-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Jmol-users] bond picking and draw picking problems

Hi Jmol users,

I need your help for 2 subjects:

A) I want to know which bond was clicked by the user.

I have typed in the console the following commands:
set bondpicking true
set picking on
set pickcallback "alert"

2 remarks:
1) I have to click right on the middle of the bond to have the info
2) Once the "alert" message displayed, the bond is deleted although I
have never used the "set picking DELETEBOND" command.

Is this behavior normal?

B) I haven't find a way to retrieve the info of a draw object that has
been picked.

It would be useful (to me at least) to have something like:

set pickcallback "alert"
set picking draw

to get the draw informations (the same as "show draw")

I have tried the following:
+ In a javascript file :
function testdraw(){
  var dr=jmolScriptEcho('show draw');
  alert(dr);
}
+ In the jmol console (or script file)
set pickcallback "testdraw" ;
set picking draw ;

But nothing happens. Am I wrong somewhere?

Thank you for your help

Yves NOEL