Rolf,

Ok, I played with it until I broke it, admittedly trying to break it. When it
broke, the Java console had traced the script actions.

I'm a bit over my head here. At the break point, the console reported what I'm
pasting at the end of this note. The break point in this case allowed mouse
model manipulation, but no further Jmol script was allowed.

Here's the report. To your eye, does this show what causes this type of break?
By the way, the previous script command was identical to the script command
that broke the applet. Ethane.txt is there.

Otis

Jmol script terminated
script 149 started

Script completed
Jmol script terminated
FileManager opening http://localhost:50460/CheMagic/models/ethane.txt
network: Cache entry not found [url:
http://localhost:50460/CheMagic/models/ethane.txt, version: null]
network: Connecting http://localhost:50460/CheMagic/models/ethane.txt with
proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://localhost:50460/ with proxy=DIRECT
network: Connecting http://localhost:50460/CheMagic/models/ethane.txt with
cookie "cmkit235=333333333"
Exception in thread "QueueThread0" java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException:
String index out of range: 51
    at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptCompiler.lookingAtLeadingWhitespace(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptCompiler.compile0(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptCompiler.parseScript(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptCompiler.compile(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptEvaluator.compileScript(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.script.ScriptEvaluator.compileScriptString(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.viewer.Viewer.evalStringWaitStatus(Unknown Source)
    at org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.runScript(Unknown
Source)
    at org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.runNextScript(Unknown
Source)
    at org.jmol.viewer.ScriptManager$ScriptQueueRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.com