On 9/7/2012 1:03 PM, Robert Hanson wrote:
The polyhedron needs a central atom. But you can add that yourself. The command appears to be undocumented --

assign {attachmentAtom} "Symbol" {x y z}

For example:

assign atom {atomno=14} "Cl" {2 3 4}

That position {2 3 4} could also be an average position of a number of atoms:

assign atom {atomno=14} "Cl" {2 3 4} {atomno=14 or atomno=13 or atomno=12 or atomno=11}

then you would also need to do the connections before creating the polyhedra.

HOWEVER, with a bit of a tweak of Jmol, I can make this possible without connecting the atoms. You will still need a central atom, though. Let me get back to you on this.

Bob

Could the tweak include the option of drawing polyhedra if not all "vertices" are present? Such as a tetrahedron for ammonia or water?

Something that would draw a polyhedron when the central atom and a number of vertices is specified with the size equal the specified bond (something like O1 4 O1-H 1 for water)..

I know I am asking too much, but if you are tweaking it...

Thanks

PM