Bob,

I tried that, and it works with mouse control on my desktop, but the iPad has a
problem.

For the desktop/mouse, I can bind _rotateSelected to LEFT, and pick up the
click/select of a model with a hover call back. Binding LEFT to _rotateSelected
evidently loses the original click select of rotate selected. This is all OK.
One way or another, this all works for the desktop/mouse.

On the iPad, I have no hover. I only have LEFT for binding. Consequently, I
select models sequentially with a link. This is no more clumsy than pressing
the CTRL key while dragging. If I bind _rotateSelected, grabbing the selected
model by an atom on an iPad is really clumsy.

On the other hand, if I bind with the script of my previous note, dragging
anywhere (atom or background) nicely rotates the selected model. A multiplier
of 1.5 is not too bad. I'll go with that for now.

Part of this drives me nuts. I was not the major pusher of iPad compatibility
on the ISU VMK. That was my colleague, Tom. But now that I've done it, people
who have ignored the virtual model kit previously are suddenly excited about it.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.com