On 5/30/2013 9:22 AM, Robert Hanson wrote:
It's whatever units come from this calculation:

  public float valueFor(float x0, float d2, int distanceMode) {
    switch (distanceMode) {
    case ONE_OVER_D:
return (d2 == 0 ? x0 * Float.POSITIVE_INFINITY : x0 / (float) Math.sqrt(d2));
    case ONE_OVER_ONE_PLUS_D:
      return  x0 / (1 + (float) Math.sqrt(d2));
    case E_MINUS_D_OVER_2:
      return x0 * (float) Math.exp(-Math.sqrt(d2) / 2);
    case E_MINUS_D:
      return x0 * (float) Math.exp(-Math.sqrt(d2));
    }
    return x0;
  }

  public MepCalculation() {
    rangeBohrOrAngstroms = 8; // Angstroms
    distanceMode = ONE_OVER_D;
    unitFactor = 1;
  }

d would be in angstroms, I think. Charge would be whatever you get that from; different programs will be different.

The only think I can read from that is that you do prefer positive infinity when you divide by zero.-:)

PM