On 08/22/2013 05:56 PM, Angel Herráez wrote:
>> How important is it that we have a "stable" version of the applet that is
>> different from the
>> "development" version?
>
> Yes, see above.
> What do others think?

I think it is very important. If you want to use it in a production
environment stability and reliability are very important.

Especially in the early development phase of new features there might
occur syntax changes or more. And often there are still bugs in them or
old features are broken or modified.
Thus it needs some time until new versions are ripe enough to be used in
a production environment. And I would dare to say that most users will
not need or make use of the latest cutting edge features anyway.

Since migrating to a new version requires a lot of testing you don't
want to do that once a week just because you are forced to do so in
order to get rid of some problems.

Regards,
Rolf

--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  rhue...@fli-leibniz.de
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

           Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
        Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 230296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228