On 29 Dec 2013, at 20:00, Robert Hanson <hans...@stolaf.edu> wrote:

> I'm guessing  it will be January 14:
>
> https://blogs.oracle.com/java-platform-group/entry/new_security_requirements_for_rias
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/security/alerts-086861.html
>
> As I understand it, all applets must be updated. "signed" or not -- all must
> be signed, and local file reading now requires the JNLP files as well in the
> directory of the JAR files. (Note that these JNLP files allow the applet to
> be started outside a browser as well.)

Is there a specific set of instructions for acquiring and installing these
“JNLP” files for  Jmol?   Using this as a search term in  Bob’s  documentation
http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/?search=JNLP shows no hits.

> In addition, recent versions of JSmol JavaScript libraries are required, and
> if you are using the older Jmol.js, library that needs to be updated (see
> http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-12/Jmol.js).

http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/docs/examples-12/Jmol.js   states "THIS LIBRARY
IS DEPRECATED STARTING WITH Jmol 13.0.”