Chuck and Angle,

I think I'm in basic agreement with Angle. I look at this as a scratch pad per
the following JS function:

        function scratchPad(header, content) {
                header = (!header) ? "" : header;
                content = (!content) ? "" : content;
                if (header == "" && content == "") { Jmol.setInfo(jmolApplet0,
content, false); return null; }
                jmolApplet0._infoHeader = header;
                Jmol.setInfo(jmolApplet0, content, true);
                return null;
        }

I write to it as needed using the above - e.g. display pdb header or pdb
content. Storage of a given content/header pair would have to be in some type
of global variable. Long term storage would have to be server side, although
for small bits of information I've used cookies.

Only because I found out the hard way, 10 cholesterol molfile cookies will
break the cookie jar. I did not realize what a pain a broken cookie jar could
be for the user!

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger