Hi Rolf,

The example page you mentioned works.

console.info is a println for browsers' deveopers console.

Thanks for the help, I’ve now got some things to try.

—Chuck

On Feb 7, 2014, at 5:28 PM, Rolf Huehne 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Am 07.02.2014 22:54, schrieb Charles Harrison Shubert:
Thanks for the suggestion!  I tried several versions of your suggestion.  
Adding a readyFunction to Info worked (where Info.readyFunction points to 
function rather than just the function name worked, but I couldn't make 
messaagecallback work.  I tried pointing Info.messagecallback to both the 
function and the function name and JSmol didn't seem to want to call it.

So, I'm inclined to believe that:

- I'm not loading some piece of JSmol that needs to be loaded, or
- I'm not spelling something correctly, or
- i'm not including something that turns on the message callback behavior.

I suppose that it's possible that there is a bug in JSmol, but that seems 
unlikely.  I replaced the JSmol.min.js with JSmol.full.js and I guess the next 
step is to investigate what the message script command doesn't like about what 
I'm asking it to do.

If you have any suggestions on a debugging technique for isolating this issue 
to a particular section of code, I'd be most appreciative.

Have you tried the example page I mentioned
(http://jenalib.fli-leibniz.de/cgi-bin/3d_mapping.pl?CODE=1deh&APPLET=html5)?
If the message callback doesn't work there you might have a general
problem with your browser. If it doesn't work the textarea in the 'Log'
section will be empty. Otherwise it will be filled with a number of
messages.

I am not familiar with 'console.info'. So I don't know what can go wrong
there. Have you tried to use an alert instead:
alert("Message=" + two);

Since debugging "in the dark" is very difficult it would be good if you
could provide the address of an example page.

Regards,
Rolf

--

Rolf Huehne
Postdoc

Leibniz Institute for Age Research - Fritz Lipmann Institute (FLI)
Beutenbergstrasse 11
07745 Jena, Germany

Phone:   +49 3641 65 6205
Fax:     +49 3641 65 6210
E-Mail:  [email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Website: http://www.fli-leibniz.de

          Scientific Director: Prof. Dr. K. Lenhard Rudolph
       Head of Administration: Dr. Daniele Barthel
Chairman of Board of Trustees: Dennys Klein

VAT No: DE 153 925 464
Register of Associations: No. 296, Amtsgericht Jena
Tax Number: 162/141/08228


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Managing the Performance of Cloud-Based Applications
Take advantage of what the Cloud has to offer - Avoid Common Pitfalls.
Read the Whitepaper.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121051231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Managing the Performance of Cloud-Based Applications
Take advantage of what the Cloud has to offer - Avoid Common Pitfalls.
Read the Whitepaper.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=121051231&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Jmol-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/jmol-users

Reply via email to