I can confirm these observations:

At http://chemapps.stolaf.edu/jmol/jsmol/test2.htm caffeine disappear when rotated with the mouse on Mac (OS X, 10.9.2) in Firefox (28) and in Safari (7.0.3)

The same site/molecule works fin in Firefox(28)/Win 7.

PM

On 4/13/2014 10:09 PM, Philip Bays wrote:
I see the same issue on my iMac running 10.9.2, Safari 7.0.3 or Firefox 27.0.1 and JSmol ....4.10 running locally or over the network. Have not tried other browsers. It's as if something is going on in the background. For me the manipulation of the structure is quite jerky, freezes, then is jerky, and finally disappears.

I am having a different issue with Safari as well. I run a local network at home. All browsers work fine using [network name].local/~[account name]/ except for Safari. I get a "cannot connect to server error". I am required to use the ip address approach as the URL. This arose with OSX 9.2. All other browsers are fine using the local network name, and I can access it with a PC or my iPad using the network name.