Hi Rolf

Thanks ... that's exactly what I was hoping to find.

Darren.

On 6 December 2014 at 18:52, Rolf Huehne <rhue...@fli-leibniz.de> wrote:
> Am 06.12.14 11:39, schrieb darren.rhodes:
>> Hi Eric
>>
>> Thanks for your reply  ... I'll look at Proteopedia.  In the mean time
>> here's some clarification.
>>
>> When I type the following on my command line,
>>
>> jmol MeOH_NMR01b.log &
>>
>> As is common to our shared experience, jmol starts up, the structure
>> found within the file MeOH_NMR.log is appears and it can be
>> interrogated using the tools that ship with jmol.
>>
>> I also have a copy of this file on figshare,
>> http://figshare.com/articles/Methanol_NMR/1262213
>>
>> I want to email Alice and Bob and say to them, "If you put this
>> figshare url into [Proteopedia or somewhere else??] it will return a
>> jmol interface (make sure your java is enabled) and you can
>> interrogate it using all of jmol's functionality."
>>
> Darren, our Jmol/JSmol-based 'Jena3D Viewer'
> (http://jena3d.fli-leibniz.de) offers an upload option to open a local
> file (on the users computer) or a file from a remote URL like you would
> need it.
>
> As Angel already pointed out you would need to provide the URL of a file
> that JSmol can read.
> So in your example you would write to Alice and Bob:
>
> "If you put this figshare URL
> (http://files.figshare.com/1825432/MeOH_NMR01b.log) into the upload
> option of the Jena3D Viewer (at http://jena3d.fli-leibniz.de) it will
> return a JSmol interface and you can interrogate it using all of JSmol's
> functionality."

> Java because of security restrictions. But in the Javascript version it
> currently works in my tests in the major browsers. Therefore the Jena3D
> Viewer automatically switches to the Javascript version, independent of
> the setting of the viewer type switch.
>
> Regards,
> Rolf

"I have no doubt that if a party creates and sends an electronically
created document then he will be treated as having signed it to the
same extent that he would in law be treated as having signed a hard
copy of the same document. The fact that the document is created
electronically as opposed to as a hard copy can make no difference."
Pelling J in Mehta v J Pereira Fernandes SA [2006] EWHC 813 (Ch)

Key ID:- 0xB76FE0B9 http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/