Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply  ... I'll look at Proteopedia.  In the mean time
here's some clarification.

When I type the following on my command line,

jmol MeOH_NMR01b.log &

As is common to our shared experience, jmol starts up, the structure
found within the file MeOH_NMR.log is appears and it can be
interrogated using the tools that ship with jmol.

I also have a copy of this file on figshare,
http://figshare.com/articles/Methanol_NMR/1262213

I want to email Alice and Bob and say to them, "If you put this
figshare url into [Proteopedia or somewhere else??] it will return a
jmol interface (make sure your java is enabled) and you can
interrogate it using all of jmol's functionality."

I hope this is clearer.

Thanks again

Darren.

ps will report back my investigations with Proteopedia.

On 6 December 2014 at 04:37, Eric Martz <ema...@microbio.umass.edu> wrote:
> Dear Darren,
>
> I'm not sure that I understand what you want, but you can show any structure
> in JSmol at Proteopedia.org, in a web page that anyone can access. The data
> file(s) can be uploaded to the server and used for that showing, and you can
> put links in the web page that would allow any visitor to download those
> data files.
>
> Proteopedia use and accounts are free. Proteopedia is the work of Jaime
> Prilusky and Joel Sussman at the Weizmann Institute.
>
> If you'd like more details or an example, let me know.
>
> Eric Martz
> (Proteopedia admin and team member)
>
> On 12/5/14 7:32 PM, darren.rhodes wrote:
>
> Is there a site where I can post a link to a structure - I'm thinking
> of a GAMESS (US) log file - which would return the jmol object of the
> structure in the file?
>
> That is, say I want to share a file with a broader audience, rather
> than building and hosting a web page, is there a web page out there
> where I can ask others to post a figshare url which would show the
> structure in jmol?
>
> Thanks
>
> Darren.
>

> Eric Martz, Professor Emeritus, Dept Microbiology
> U Mass, Amherst -- Martz.MolviZ.Org
>
> Top Five 3D MolVis Tools: Top5.MolviZ.Org
> FirstGlance: 3D Molecules in Nature: FirstGlance.Jmol.Org
> Protein 3D Structure Wiki: Proteopedia.Org
> Education: Biochem in 3D at MolviZ.Org
> Find Functional Patches in Proteins: ConSurf
> Atlas of Macromolecules: Atlas.MolviZ.Org
> Interactive Molecules in Architectural Spaces: MolecularPlayground.Org
> Workshops: Workshops.MolviZ.Org

"I have no doubt that if a party creates and sends an electronically
created document then he will be treated as having signed it to the
same extent that he would in law be treated as having signed a hard
copy of the same document. The fact that the document is created
electronically as opposed to as a hard copy can make no difference."
Pelling J in Mehta v J Pereira Fernandes SA [2006] EWHC 813 (Ch)

Key ID:- 0xB76FE0B9 http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/