Am 17.01.16 um 08:48 schrieb Robert Hanson:
> Well, you need to make sure that x and y are points, as Eric did:
>
> x = {gly6:a}.xyz
> y = {asp13:a}.xyz
> print [x,y].average

I thought I did. And the result of 'x.type' and 'y.type' is "point" in
my example.

So what is the fundamental difference between Eric's example

   x={gly6:a}.xyz
   y={asp13:a}.xyz

and my example

   x={1:A}.xyz;
   y={2:A}.xyz;

that would  influence the result of 'average'?

Eric, which PDB entry did you use, so that I can try it myself?

Regards,
Rolf