Hi Richard,

That model is coming from Resolver. Resolver does not use MM to compute 3d
models. Basically, the steps are as follows:

1) The connection identifier (SMILES, InChI, IUPAC, etc) is broken down into
fragments called ensembles. Fixed geometries for these fragments exist in
memory.
2) The ensembles are reassembled carrying their fixed geometry into the final
SDF.

This provides fast calculation of 3d models acceptable of cheminformatic usage,
but geometries are often not consistent with MM calculations. For example, the
Resolver load of cis-2-butene produces perfect 120 degree sp2 carbon atoms.

Otis

--
Otis Rothenberger
o...@chemagic.org