I have looked at it a little more.   Turns out that the exported structures do
load into JSmol (…. 06.30) with the odd exception of the .spardir.  It will
load by dropping it one the JSmol window, but will not with the load local
file.   For that I get a “no atoms found” error.  That is true of the structure
I was working with and with n-hexane.  A file reading glitch in the load
sequence?