I'm noticing a Chrome-specific bug in which I cannot load any files using
the jsmol implementation:

unrecognized file format for file: <url>

Network Error: Failed to execute 'Send' on 'XHMTLRequest': Failed to load
<url>

This only happens in Chrome, it doesn't happen in Firefox (Java or js
implementation) or Edge.

This also didn't happen a couple of months ago, and I thought it might have
been a caught and fixed but so I updated to 14.9 this morning and that had
no impact).