Dear All,

I prepared a page for students (on my developing server:
http://5.135.186.232/STdM/index.php/it/esercizi/esercitarsi-sulla-chiralita),
in which they can:

1) write down an organic molecule in  JSME

2) submit it to JSmol

3) attribute the Cahn-Ingold-Prelog priority to each group by selecting
the first atom of each group which is attached to the Chiral Carbon and
clicking on a button that create a label for that atom.

4) reorientate properly the molecule, in order to be able to assign the
R / S configuration for chirality.

This is enough for me to use in classroom just to show how one should
proceed to work on exercises.

My question is: Is there a way to obtain priority (by CIP rules) for
each group attached to a Chiral Carbon? Is it possible to use some JSmol
function(s) to obtain this information?

If the answer is yes, this could help me to modify the page to give the
student the chance to explore the correct result by viewing a model with
correct priority labelling and also by clicking on a button which
activate a function that perform the check.

Sorry to bothering you...

Bye!

Pierluigi Quagliotto