In a message dated 8/28/01 12:38:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< When I joined
 years ago the discussion at the time was about "The Reoccurring Dream".
 It seemed to go on forever and evolved into a heated argument about why
 Joni used the word "reoccurring" rather than "occurring". I was amazed
 that so many people not only knew the song but felt so passionately
 about it they were arguing about her use of one particular word. >>

First of all welcome Patricia and some of the other new listers who have
posted in the past couple of weeks.

..........and Debra, I can't believe that you just mentioned "The Reoccuring
Dream".  Just last night I had some friends over for dinner.
I can't remember what the conversation was about, but I said something had
reoccured.  All of my friends know my grammar sucks and someone corrected me
saying I should have said "recurred".  Of course I said "No, Joni has a song
called "The Reoccuring Dream" so it *must* be right".  We checked my
dictionary (which is VERY old) and sure enough my friends were right.  I just
said if Joni says reoccur, then I can too! :~)

Anyway Deb, you've probably been on the list longer than my 3 1/2 years, so I
don't remember this particular thread.  I guess I'll have to check the
archives.  Still I think it was strange that you brought this up after my
dinner conversation last night.

counting the hours to Joni-fest,
Jimmy