My old bud, Sherelle, wrote:

Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 06:52:06 EDT
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Love starved

Dear Bree:
Actually, I have two. I listen to these on the Shadows and Light CD. They
are, "Amelia" and "Hejira." And if they don't get you, Pat Metheny's guitar
solo in-between the two songs will.

Oops! There's more! Anything on Court and Spark, especially "Down to You,"
her music got me through many a rough time.

Yesssss.  As I've said many times, many ways, Metheny's solo on the Shadows
and Light LP (or CD) is my favorite solo of any kind, of all time.  It even
outshines Dave Gilmour's solo on "Comfortably Numb" and that says a lot.

Thanks for the reminder.

Lama

ps- Sherelle, the newbies don't know that story about how you moved Joni so
that you made her cry.  Tell it.

np: David Lahm's "More Jazz Takes On Joni Mitchell", a must-own and I must
say that after listening to the car stereo for 20 hours over 2 days, it's a
relief to be listening to the Mirages again.  Sheeesh.