I just read this on rockingvicar.com.  A pretty decent effort from our
Madonna, I thought; and I liked the bit at the end...

<< Madonna speaking on stage in Los Angeles on Friday night: "Any of you who
purchased a ticket to the show tonight will be contributing to a fund that
will be for children orphaned by this tragedy, so thank you all. Now on a
personal note I think that each and every one of us should look inside our
own hearts and examine our own personal acts of terrorism, hatred,
intolerance, negativity, the list goes on and on, we're all responsible. It's
not just Bin Laden, it's all of us, we've all contributed to hatred in the
world today. And I would like to have one minute of silence to say a prayer
for those who have died; to say a prayer for the friends and families of
those who have died; to say a prayer for the rescuers who have worked night
and day to rescue people from the rubble. And most of all say a prayer for
anyone who thinks that it is right to kill in the name of God. Where there is
violence, there is no God. Let's have a moment of silence. Hold hands with
those around you. Or stay still and reflect."
Fan: "We love you, Madonna!"
Madonna: "Shut up!" >>