In a message dated 16/09/01 20:26:27 GMT Daylight Time, CarltonCT writes:

<< Most of what you say about Moulin Rouge is true, but I loved it anyway
precisely because it is all the things you criticized.  This is a film that
Ken Russell would have made if he had digital technology. >>

Don't even say that, Clark - Ken is still with us, we don't want people
putting ideas into his head!!

<< The movie was a visual triumph and it has to be accepted that it was made
with tongue very firmly in cheek.>>

Good on you sport - at least people have now seen two opposing views, and
will just have to pick the bones out of them as best they can!

<< Vive la difference!  >>

Quite so.

Cheers,

Azeem