On 17 September 2001 13:53, [EMAIL PROTECTED] [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> In a message dated 17/09/01 02:44:51 GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
> I believe very strongly that bombing Afghanistan would do no good at all,
and
> this article adds to that belief.  I only hope that those who really need
> get the message do so.
> Azeem

It was indeed a very interesting article.  On the news this morning, there
was a story about the Northern Afghanistan resistance leader who was
assassinated shortly before the WTC bombings.  He was a very charismatic
leader who wanted to overthrow the Taliban government.  The story showed
pictures of his supporters people mourning his death during the funeral
service.  It seems this Northern Afghanistan Alliance is prepared to offer
15,000 soliders towards any military action against the Taliban.  I'm pretty
sure the US government is aware of this.

Marian
Vienna