Sherelle,
i just want to add an old fashioned "me too" to what others have said as
reagrds Jeff Buckley. I'm 20 years of age, and so i was at the "discovering"
good music age when Jeff Buckley hit the scene. He was, at first, very
alternative; and since friends of mine at the time strived to be just this
they really admired Buckley. And that's without even considering the mans
immense talent! To say that he is an integral part of the soundtrack of my
life would be an understatement. Before i ever became captivated with Joni
Mitchell or Fleetwood Mac or Patti Smith there was Smashing Pumpkins,
Nirvana, Hole, Tori Amos, and Jeff Buckley.

If i could choose to be able to sing like anyone, it would indeed be Jeff
Buckley. The album "Grace" is usually going for mid price in HMV. I would
class it as one of those albums that everyone should have. Repeating what
has been said, the album is not entirely in the vein of that song.

There came a point, among people i know certainly, when it seemed as if
everyone was buying this album. My father (all due respect, he does have
good musical taste...remind me to tell you sometime to tell you about going
to see Roxy Music with him:-) loves Grace, so that proves it...Jeff Buckley
isn't exactly "alternative" any more.  Of course, who is to say what is?

Mystery White Boy is an awesome album too. It was released last year and
captivates me every time. The version of Hallelujah on there is great.

Didn't Bono cover this song too for some tribute album to Leonard Cohen???
Now, that i'd like to hear.
GARRET (in a chatty mood right now:-)

NP- Patti Smith- Summer Cannibals

PS- I know that Jeff plays guitar on a Patti track, now if i could just
remember which one it is......