In the interest of broadening the perspective, here is an article from the NY Times on
the whole
Clear Channel list debacle:

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/19/arts/music/19POPL.html?ex=1001895812&ei=1&en=2e0d1
6964ae0c1ea

As much as I think Clear Channel's practices singularly symbolize the trouble with the
music biz
today, it is unfair to completely blame the corporate office for one person's zeal:

spokeswoman emphasized that the list was not a mandate or
order to radio programmers. In a statement, the company said the list came not
from the corporate offices but from 'a grass-roots effort that was apparently
circulated among program directors.'

"Others in the Clear Channel network, speaking on condition of anonymity, told a
more complicated story. They said that a smaller list of questionable songs was
originally generated by the corporate office, but an overzealous regional executive
began contributing suggestions and circulating the list via e-mail, where it

It's also f</color>unny that the spokeswoman classified it as "grass roots"...

Brenda

n.p.: Starsailor - "Good Souls"

On 19 Sep 2001, at 10:41, Janene Otten wrote:

y'all don't mind. I heard that

> most Clear Channel station DJ's are ignoring the request. Thank goodness for

> that. My company is now owned by Clear Channel and no matter how you slice

> it, one corporation owning over a thousand stations is NOT a good thing for

> radio. Even if one company owned 100 stations it would still be a drag. As

> soon as the words music and industry were paired we could no longer call

> music our own.

></color>

<nofill>