Hi Suze (your old friend here),
My daughter is twenty-three and I had to shut the door to her room for two
weeks before I could get used to her not being around. My advice to you is to
not be afraid to cry for that which is being left behind. After you have
gotten it out of your system, start feeling hopeful for what is to come. It
will be a completely different, but just as wonderful experience.

The goal that we have as parents is to get our children to a place in life
where they become self-sufficient and able to take care of themselves.
Graduating from high school is just one of those steps we need to help our
children take. My happiest moment was the day my daughter, April graduated
from college, the first in our family to attain a four year degree. It was my
happiest moment because I knew she had the tools of survival. I knew there
were no guarantees, but at least she had a fighting chance. My second
proudest moment was when she started her first day as a junior engineer for a
technology company.

So go ahead and cry on their graduation day, but also be proud of what you
and your husband have helped them to accomplish. Hope this helps.

Sherelle
NP-In my head, The Circle Game (And the seasons, they go round and round and
the painted pony goes up and down....)