>From: Nuriel Tobias <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: Why meeeeeeeee?   WHY NOT ME!!!
>Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 16:52:42 -0700 (PDT)
>
>Why do i have to read this sick email on the joni mitchell list?!

Surely my post was not intellectually over your head because it was very
plain speak.  I have to conclude that for some people truth just really
hurts too much. Reality check bites some people in the ass a little harder
than others!

"I've lost all taste for life
I'm all complaints
Tell me why do you starve the faithful?
Why do you crucify the saints?
And you let the wicked prosper
You let their children frisk like deer,
And my loves are dead or dying,or they don't come near

Already on a bed of sighs and screams,
And still you torture me with visions
You give me terrifying dreams!
Better I was carried from the womb straight to the grave
I see the diggers waiting,they're leaning on their spades

And where is  hope while you're wondering what went wrong?
What is the reason for your heavy hand?
Was it the sins of my youth?
What have I done to you?

Joni Mitchell--from The Sire of Sorrow(Job's Sad Song)

(taken somewhat out of context, but you get her point)

(A lister reminded me of the "bombers turning into butterflies"-Joni's
utopia)

Perhaps on all future Joni CD"S they should stamp them saying: TO be played
by GROWN-UPS ONLY.  (not for the faint of heart)

Bree