In my neighborhood (Hayes Valley in S.F.) there are two Arab-American owned
businesses, a health food store and a corner market.  Every store in the
neighborhood, and many in the city, have bright orange NO HATE ZONE signs in
their windows.  Fortunately, I haven't witnessed any harrassment or abuse,
but I know it's going on in the Bay Area.  Idiots are taking advantage of the
current situation to do what they would already be doing (or have been
thinking of doing) for some time, thinking they can get away with it now.
Sad.  Best we can do is to continue to support the store and market owners.
On Sept 11 and the day after, the manager of the local market stood at the
door and warmly shook the hand of everyone who came in.  He was as aggrieved
as everyone else...

Walt