Hi Marian,

I'm glad you like these words and hope you or others do not take them as
a time-based demand. I'm likely to snap at anyone who says the word
wallowing again even when I can see it's an attempt to get things back
to normal, and help people feel better that way. It doesn't feel like
things here, or anywhere, will ever be back to normal.

So, to me, Rumi's words are very gentle and rather than being a command,
I take them as a suggestion, one full of hope. If there's a day when all
sadness cannot be left behind... and some days are like that... the
image of new seeds growing anyway, even when we've not planted them, is
comforting to me. Such growth is inevitable. Life does go on. It is hard
to imagine now how any good can come from the killing of over 6,000
people. I hope somehow some does.

On a more tangible note... happy birthday to you and your almost-twin
Heather! May you both have many many more!

I'm looking forward to a guitar lesson or two from you at the next
Jonifest. Prepare yourself. It will be a challenge.

Peace,

Debra Shea