Leslie wrote:

> You always remember your first.

I've not been taking much ghinko recently but I think
my first (78!!) was "Never Do a Tango with an Eskimo" by
Alma Cogan, my first EP was the Beach Boys 'Surfin'
Safari' and my first LP was the film soundtrack of 'Oklahoma'.

How about your favourite song from your parents record
collection?

Mine was a scratchy old 78 of Dinah Shore singing 'Smoke
Gets in Your Eyes'  -  still my favourite version of this song
today.

PaulC

PS My parents were also a big fans of Fats Waller and The Inkspots
so 'Feets Too Big' and 'Don't Get Around Much Any More' would be
a close second and third.

npimh:  "Up in Harlem at a table for two
              There sits four of us - me, your big feet and you"