i was the 'bouncer' in sam's movie "You know my name"...
we were filming in the lougheed mansion, a very hot summer day in
calgary...
sam had to do take after take in this heat...
when he was just coming out of the mansion, i says to sam,

"want a bottled water?"
"that'd be swell" says sam.

i tell him i just watched him the night before in "conagher"
(do i have the name right?)and he smiles, drinkin' his water....

"you know, that was my very very favourite of them all"

and "all" gets resonated down to the depths of that mellifluous voice.
"Put it there pal", smilin' behind that rainforest moustache and shakin'
my hand till it could break...eyes-a-twinklin'...

Well, sam spies just beyond the set a woman in a wheel chair
with her gal attendent or friend...he walks over to her and i'll be damned
if he didn't spend a whole half hour with her...he gets down on his knee
and leans into her, swappin' stories...signin' things...
then he gets a couple crew guys to come over and take his picture
with them and everything....director's waiting all this time to 'rollem'
again...

i knew right then that sam elliot was one hell of a man...

shane