My friend the Lama quipped, about Osama having sex reassignment surgery:

>I think he's already half way there, Mags.  I mean, anyone who goes out of
>his way to kill civilians already has no balls.

Now, not to attack personally, I *promise* - I know this was not intended
as anything but a quip criticizing Osama... but it really is the kind of
statement that our sexist society socializes us into, unjustly.

To associate "having no balls" (= being feminine, being female, being a
woman) with all things negative - and killing civilians is pretty much as
negative as it gets! - well, that is evidence of a societal problem of
devaluing all things female.

I just wanted to say this to share my thoughts with everyone: that these
sorts of associations are unacceptable. And I am sure all sorts of
unacceptable associations pass by me every day - I am sure I MAKE them
despite my best intentions - and I hope that when they do other people keep
pointing them out to me so I can keep learning... And in this spirit I
point this out.

hugs and respect to all,
Yael