Steve Dulson wrote:

<< Gillian Welch (along with her partner David Rawlings) has written
> some amazingly old-timey sounding songs. She is dialled in to
> rural, depression, dust bowl, WWII and fifties America like no
> one else. They will knock your socks off live.>>

Gillian also sings a couple of songs (along with EmmyLou Harris and Allison
Krauss) on the soundtrack to the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?".  It's a
great CD and I have to thank some of the listers at Jonifest for the
recommendation.  NOTE : This is the one CD I own that will make my partner
leave the room. LOL

Jimmy