Okay, I hadda crawl outta lurkdom because I couldn't let this go by:
That Caucasian, soulful Brit Kiki Dee released a fine album, for it's time, on
Tamla/Motown in 1970: 'Great Expectations', and in 1972, the less soulful
Lesley Gore released an album, 'Someplace Else Now', on Motown subsidiary
MoWest.  Teena's debut, 'Wild and Peaceful', came out on Gordy in 1979.

And me thinks the line from Demond Dekker's "Israelites" reads, "My wife and
my kids they PACK up and leave me", but ya gotta listen real close to be
sure.

Thanks.  Now lemme get back to some rest...