can't let this one go by
fave in the family is Wallace Tripp's 'A Great Big Ugly Man Came Up And Tied
His Horse To Me', a Book of Nonsense Verse and wonderfully illustrated.  If
you ever come across one, please let me know. We have a hardcover edition
and I have a hard time keeping it unborrowed (new word!!).
as for Harry Potter, our daught loaned us her copies and read them all.
Purchased our own set and then loaned them to our youngest son (25, 6'8"),
who was pretty upset with me because he was really tired at work since he
HAD TO stay up and finish the 4th volume before he could go to bed at
3:30AM...
yes, reading runs in our family as well as love of music and nope, not one
of us plays a musical instrument except for the spouse who tootles on an
acoustic guitar, electric bass and banjo.

Christmas music:
Mahalia Jackson - voice made for the organ and what an instrument!!
Mario Lanza - Christmas Hymns and Carols (vinyl) usually the first one on
the turntable followed by MJ.
Bruce Cockburn - Christmas
prefer very spiritual music as opposed to Jingle Bells and the like,
although I have been known to throw on some Bob Rivers...

back to lurking.  tt

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into
my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul."
-Judy Garland

Most of us go to our grave with
our music still inside of us.

"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let
those few be well tried before you give them your
confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow grow,
and must undergo and withstand the shocks of
adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
  -George Washington