Marian wrote:

> I read somewhere that the Nancy Drew >mysteries were revised over the
years.
> Can anyone elaborate on why/how?

The originals I had were from the 1930s and the revised versions were from
the 50s and 60s.  As far as I could tell the revisions were not
substantive - just making things more modern to the times and updating
vernacular.  Beth's 1930 "roadster" became a 1960 "convertible," for
example.  Some of the older versions are really quite quaint in their use of
English and reflection of social mores.  I'm pretty sure they've been
updated all along and their are 90s versions, etc. now, too.  ;-)

Kakki