Sorry if someone mentioned this already, but in our home one of our favorite
books is Raymond Briggs' "The Snowman." It has no text, only pictures, and
it's beautiful, charming, and moving. There's also a short film of it, which
may be even better in the sense that it has really great, enchanting music
wall to wall (there being no dialogue). Its animation is faithful to the
original, and our daughter has loved it since she was one year old, as have
we.

So recently I got the book, too, which she loved (she's two, now), but beware
the ending in which the snowman melts. After blithely watching the video for
a year, and reading it many times, one day when we got to the last page she
burst into tears and got very angry ... she had finally understood
impermanence and loss.

-Fred