>>BUT only two days ago I witnessed, on television, the young choirboy (Aled
Williams) who sang the theme song ("Walking in the Air"), singing something
much more modern (I've forgotten what) in his grown-up voice - AWFULLY!<<
Sorry, I can't let this pass. It may be, apart from my Guinness with Rory
Gallagher, my only brush with fame. I started university when I was 33 and as
a condition of entry I had to go back to school and take my entry exams (A
level). This meant sitting in as an adult with 16 and 17 year old pupils, one
of whom was Aled JONES, not Williams, although North Wales is full of both
names. He hadn't made 'Walking in the Air' at that point, I think, but he was
already a big name on Welsh tv and Welsh music. I took the A level exam on the
day that Thatcher won the election (1987) and it was a very stressful day, all
things considered. Haven't heard of Aled since then but there again I haven't
made much effort. Now that Wales has the manics, the superfurries, catatonia
(not to mention Tom Jones, John Cale and Peter Greenaway) we can safely forget
about that little prima donna Aled Jones.

mike in bcn

np Dolce Ponts, again.

Well, not really my _only_ brush with fame. I was at the IoW in 1970.