This whole thing got me thinking...I made a flip comment about Streisand=gay a couple
of days ago, and several people got up in arms about stereotyping.  While I was
kidding, it got me thinking...why is it that there are these things that seem to
stick?  When I was a kid, I was fully aware that I was gay, and I was fully aware that
I was into a lot of things (particularly music and Hollywood) that made my parents
uncomfortable, but didn't realize the connection between the two until later.  Grace
Jones, Madonna, Boy George, Cyndi Lauper, (and the one the made my dad the most
uncomfortable) Bette Davis...I later realized as I grew up were often labeled as "gay
icons", and I figured oh well, makes sense to me.  What it is about these THINGS
(often women, in my case at least), that is appealing?  I have my own ideas, but I'm
curious to know what others think.  And - I apologize if this is getting tedious.  I
know this isn't gayplanet, but this is by far the most interesting gro!
up of people I've come across on t
he net, and one who I love to survey...:)

(Was that Julie Webb I read the other day?? Where have you gone??)

Reuben