Mike wrote:

> It is hard to be objective about this film, given my feelings towards it,
but
> I urge anyone who has seen 'Salt' to see it. It seems to me the perfect
time
> to have made this film, given the current climate where freedom of
expression
> seems under threat and any 'dissenting voices' (including on this list)
are
> treated as 'undemocratic' or 'marxist inspired' 'un-American' or whatever
> else.

Oh dear, Mike.  I believe I'm the only one who has discussed the marxist
dissenters.  My context was the marxist groups in the U.S. who are against
our current actions simply IMO because they are against anything that the
U.S. does to begin with and are sometimes moved more by anarchist or other
motivations more than anything else.  I have clearly said that dissent is
part of being a free American.  I have seen much written in the past few
months (outside the list) that has come from marxist sources and then seen
people who don't know the source grab onto and believe the propaganda.  I
only wish to make the point that there should be a separation between those
voices and other antiwar groups.  To at least clarify my own viewpoint, I do
think "any" dissenting voice is "undemocratic," "marxist" or "un-American."
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions.  I can't recall if I
have seen Salt of the Earth but it sounds familiar and like it is a classic.

Kakki