Well, I am thrilled that there has been discussion the past two days of
Laura Nyro!
In my mind, there is no way to compare she and Joni.  Both incredible
artistic geniuses, one NO better than the other.
 All this talk has prompted me to have a Laura night today, and I must say,
thoroughly enjoyable.
Laura's first album is titled "More Than Just a Discovery".  What a debut!
Please remember, she was only 19 when this was released- she was still
living at home with her parents, brother and cats!
And what classic songs- Goodbye Joe, And When I Die, Stoney End, Wedding
Bell Blues, He's a Runner....... truly remarkable.
I had the incredible pleasure of seeing her live when I was 16, in Toronto-
30 years ago!!!!  It was absolutely amazing, to say the least.
NYT is wonderful, so is CATBOS, and what about Eli and the 13th Confession?
Fabulous!
The most recent release, Spring of this year-  Angel in the Dark, makes me
cry each time I listen to it.
It is truly unfortunate that she never enjoyed commercial success- so
deserving.  But a huge part of the reason I still listen to her so, is
because she was always a bit "undiscovered".  Man!  Can she move me!
Wally K, help me out here- I know you are the biggest fan!
Best,
Stephen in Vancouver

NP:  Egberto Gismonti and Charlie Haden- Live in Montreal