From: Geoff Bartley
Sent: 11/15/2001 1:52 PM
Subject: Benefit for Dave Van Ronk Sun Nov 25th

Hi everyone,
        A Benefit Concert is being held for Dave Van Ronk at the Bottom
Line in New York on Sunday, November 25th. There are two shows, the
first at 3:00 pm and the second at 8:30 pm. Tickets are $50 with all
proceeds going to Dave. The line-up is Arlo Guthrie, Peter, Paul, &
Mary, and Tom Paxton.
        The Bottom Line is located at 15 W 4th Street at Mercer in New
York City and can be reached at (212) 228-6300 or on the web at
bottomlinecabaret.com.
        I'll be joining Tom as usual on guitar and harmony vocals.
Special Guests are expected for a song here & there. Dave was diagnosed
with malignant cancer and is recovering from surgery. Signs are good.
        If you are unable to make this show but would like to help Dave
through this tough (and expensive) time, please make your check payable
to Dave Van Ronk, and mail it to:

                                        attn Dave Van Ronk

                                        Folklore Productions
                                        1671 Appian Way
                                        Santa Monica CA 90401

        Dave Van Ronk has influenced several generations of guitarists,
singers, and songwriters. His versions of songs from deep in the
folk/blues tradition.... "Saint James' Infirmary", "Come Back Baby",
Reverend Gary Davis's "Candy Man", "God Bless the Child", "Green Rocky
Road", Bessie Smith's "You Been a Good Old Wagon, Daddy, But You Done
Broke Down", plus unforgettable treatments of "modern" songs such as
Joni Mitchell's "Urge for Going" and the Burke/Van Heusen classic
"Swinging on a Star".... have made indelible impressions on all who know
his work.
        Dave's approach to his material is also informed by theatre and
a distinct jazz sensibility, so musicians far outside the world of folk
& blues have also been influenced by his music. Dave is essentially a
jazz singer.... his whiskey voice is capable of wringing every last
nuance from a lyric, and his crisp, economical voicings on guitar have
taught guitar players of all stripes what's important and what's not.
Dave Van Ronk is an American original, broadly educated, with his sense
of humor firmly intact. We all have high hopes for his complete
recovery.
geoff

Artist Representative:
Jean Schwartz
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: (5 0 8)  6 2 0 - 0 7 3 6

CD descriptions and ordering information may be found at
www.waterbug.com <http://www.waterbug.com/>
For bookings and availability, please contact Jean Schwartz above.
For private guitar lessons, please contact me at my e-mail at top.
I endorse Elixir Guitar Strings www.elixirstrings.com
<http://www.elixirstrings.com/>
* if you would like to be removed from this list, please type "delete"
in the subject space, and e-mail back to me