--- rsc1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi-
>
> I'm new to the discussion list, just joined earlier
> this evening.
>
> I saw a question someone had about Joni's appearance
> at that concert
> (it's nearly the 25th anniversary! Thanksgiving Day,
> 1976. Wow, time flies..).
>
> As you probably already know, besides "Coyote", she
> also performed "Furry
> Sings
> The Blues" (where Neil returned to reprise his eerie
> harp solo from the
> album),
> and a singularly unique version of "Shadows &
> Light", with the Band.
>
> Later, after the intermission, and just before they
> brought Dylan out, the
> Band
> played "Acadian Driftwood" (from "Northern Lights,
> Southern Cross"). Robbie
> invited "a couple of Canadians out to help us sing
> this one"... they being
> Joni
> and Neil. There are tapes of the entire show
> floating around, so you can hear
> this if you search a little. The board tapes are a
> lot rougher than the
> finished
> product you're used to. They did some oberdubbing
> later on.
> It really was an incredible night, and I'm still
> amazed that I was there.
>
> Russ Cole
> Arcata,
hi russ,
my name is christopher. at what point did you (or the
other audience members) realize that it was joni
singing background on ny's 'helpless' from behind a
curtain? was her siloutte visible? i've always been
curious about that.
btw, i am pleased to meet you.
have an awesome day -
chris(topher)